The blunt truth of Setting up a food business in Singapore.
Blunt Stuff.. The truth for F&B.
1) You don’t just make good food and think customers will come.
2) Don’t ever expect that starting your own food business will bring you a decent monthly salary.
3) Going into F&B is not the last resort to all your fail venture.
4) Don’t think that you can hire workers easily to solve your problem
5) Don’t think that manual dishwasher are easy to find even though you have an automatic one.
6) Stop dreaming..the government is not supporting you.
7) if your pockets are not deep enough, you will be burned.!
8) F&B is not for the faint hearted
9) F&B is the toughest trade in town.
10) You are almost certainly failed in F&B than other trade. (bystats)
11) Not all high rental is bad.
12) You are wrong to assume supplier price is likely all the same.
13) Don’t think that your food is good enough for business if you don’t innovate.
14) You think that you are selling at a very reasonable price but your diners will always feels that your food is pricey.
15) You will always face manpower quota shortage.
16) Your worker will always certainly throw in resignation when you are at the most shortage of staffs.
17) Your workers won’t help you saves cost.
18) You will fight with AL, ML and holidays always.
19) You will have problems in paper work and gona have a steep learning curve in business and government requirements.
20) You will be burned out..
21) You are wrong to think you don’t need marketing of some sort.
22) You will face thieves problems
23) You will need help in everywhere you can..
YOU WILL ALSO EMERGE VICTORIOUS AND SO MUCH STRONGER, WISER AND HUMBLE.
A SALUTE TO ALL THE FOLKS WHO TAKE THIS PATH.