The blunt truth of Setting up a food business in Singapore.
1) You don’t just make good food and think customers will come.
2) Don’t ever expect that starting your own food business will bring you a decent monthly salary.
3) Going into F&B is not the last resort to all your fail venture.
4) Don’t think that you can hire workers easily to solve your problem
5) Don’t think that manuel dishwasher are easy to find.
6) Stop dreaming..the government is not supporting you financially.
7) If your pockets are not deep enough, you will be burned.!
8) F&B is not for the faint hearted
9) F&B is the toughest trade in town.
10) You are almost certainly failed in F&B than other trade. (bystats)
11) Not all high rental is bad, the opposite is equally true.
12) You are wrong to assume supplier price is likely all the same.
13) Don’t think that your food is good enough for business if you don’t innovate.
14) You think that you are selling at a very reasonable price but your diners will always feels that your food is pricey.
15) Your workers will always gives you problem.
16) You will fight with Annual Leave, Medical Leave and holidays always.
17) You will have problems in paper work and going have a steep learning curve in business and government requirements
18) You will be burned out..
19) You are wrong to think you don’t need marketing of some sort.
20) You will face thieves problems
21) You will need help in everywhere you can..
YOU WILL ALSO EMERGE VICTORIOUS AND SO MUCH STRONGER, WISER AND HUMBLE.
A SALUTE TO ALL THE FOLKS WHO TAKE THIS PATH.